lundi 15 octobre 2007

PARIS!!

Yay, we are in Paris!!! Darren did not want to visit Paris (or France at all for that matter...) but I insisted that since we were so close we HAD to come here. We spent a good part of the day travelling by train to get here, but it was worth it. Our hotel (Marriott of course!) is right on the Champs-Elysees, so it is beautiful. We saw the Arc de Triumphe tonight and it was beyond amazing. Just a side note, I tried to upload pictures from Amsterdam but I think something is messed up with the website. Either that or I am confused because everything on blogspot is written in French so I'm doing my best to remember how to read it!! Here are my initial thoughts on Paris:

- reminds me of NYC as far as it being a big, crowded, traffic-y, shopping, crazy city!
- it is BEAUTIFUL....all of the buildings are amazing...nothing even can compare in the U.S.
- As of yet, the stereotypes of French people are holding firm....rude, don't use deodarant and the women don't shave! (the only reason I am saying that is because I had to go to FOUR drugstores before I found one that sold a razor for women!)
-Regardless, I am still loving Paris so far...plus it's fun since this is the foreign language I am most familiar with.

I'll try to upload pictures again tomorrow night.

Bon Nuit!

Aucun commentaire: